DriveAbout has invested significantly to develop its award winning content and it’s no surprise that interest in the company’s mission and value for end users continues to grow.
The DriveAbout World story started with learner driver education in 2015 when the company’s founder Clinton Hoffmann was asked to look at road safety in remote Australia. While most of us don’t think about the importance of being taught road rules and road safety, the challenge is real for Indigenous Australians. The DriveAbout app, which is already available in eight Indigenous Australian languages and counting, is helping overcome the challenges around driver education and the Fatal Five, not only in Australia, but all over the world.
We appreciate the acknowledgement for DriveAbout’s value, leadership, and excellence received from the Australian Road Safety Foundation, the Australasian College of Road Safety, and the Northern Territory Government.
2019 ARSF Australian Award for Indigenous Road Safety
2019 ARSF Australian Award for Outstanding Innovation
2019 NTG Digital Excellence Award
2020 Australasian College of Road Safety High Commendation
We appreciate being able to share the story of DriveAbout’s success via media channels and welcome enquiries to learn more.
· 6PR interview - Listen to the audio
· ABC National interview - Listen to the audio
· SBS "Multicultural phone app hope to help cut Australia’s road toll" - Listen to the audio
· Road safety message strong in online learning: DriveAbout success – NT News, August 2021
· Behind the wheel of innovation – NT News 14 February, 2018
· Case study: DriveAbout App – Australian Migrant Resource Centre, South Australia
· NT innovation DriveAbout app to help save lives — An I for Innovation.
· Multilingual phone app hopes to help cut Australia’s road toll – SBS Burmese
· DriveAbout World wins NT Digital Excellence Award – Australian Trade Commission
· Steering program for bush drivers - NT News, 2018
· A local idea with an international ‘app’lication
· Driving change - NT News 6 January, 2019
· New driver app for indigenous drivers - NT News 14 June, 2017
· Driver app translates well on our roads
· Driving the future - DarwinLife - 3 July 2016